Specialist in New Zealand property and commercial law
Anil specialises in commercial property, construction matters and general commercial transactions, and has extensive experience in negotiating commercial, retail and industrial leases.
Anil regularly acts for institutional investors, corporate and private clients undertaking due diligence, and acting in the acquisition, disposal and development of commercial property.
He also acts for overseas investors and regularly provides advice on the Overseas Investment Regime.
Areas of Expertise
- Property acquisitions and dispositions
- Commercial contracts negotiations
- Development and construction projects
- Commercial, industrial and retail leasing
- General company law matters
- Leasing for tenants and landlords
- Construction contracts for redevelopment
- Hotel acquisition and redevelopment in both New Zealand and the Pacific Islands
Examples of work
- Acting for an overseas investor in the purchase of an office and retail tower in Auckland's CBD, advising on all aspects of the transaction including undertaking due diligence, negotiating the purchase contract and funding.
- Acting for an institutional investor in the redevelopment of the prominent office and retail tower in Auckland into a luxury retail redevelopment including negotiating leases with luxury retail tenants.
- Negotiating bulk liquid storage agreements.
- Acting in the acquisition and redevelopment of hotel property in the Pacific Islands.
- Negotiating a construction contract on behalf of an institutional investor for the redevelopment of a retail and office tower in Auckland.
- Acting for private investors in the acquisition of hospital development.
- Advising on all aspects of a subdivision including acquisition of the land, resource consenting process, subdivision and sell down of the development
- Negotiating industrial design and build contract for institutional investors.
- Negotiating leases with naming rights for anchor tenants in Wellington and Auckland