Specialist in New Zealand commercial and property law
Keith has been a member of the property and commercial team at Ellis Gould since 1991 and a partner since 1995. Previously Keith worked for a large Auckland law firm and a medium-sized firm in the United Kingdom, where he focussed on stock broking and debt trading in the United Kingdom and the United Nations World Food Programme stationed in Sudan and Kenya.
Keith is the primary property legal services provider for a listed national property company in all aspects of their property work. Keith also provides commercial and property advice and services to numerous corporate and private clients based both in New Zealand and overseas, as well as private client advice.
Areas of exertise
- Greenfield acquisitions, subdivision and disposals
- Residential, retail and industrial developments including subdivision, construction, leasing and disposals
- Retail leasing for tenants and for landlords, company, joint venture and partnership disputes, subdivisions, high rise developments, retail and industrial developments, joint ventures and partnership, corporate governance and structuring
- Residential property sales and purchases
- Private client advice including wills and trusts
Examples of work
- Principal advisor to a listed national property company with regard to the sale of a substantial property portfolio.
- Principal advisor to a listed national property company with regard to development and leasing issues in relation to greenfield sites, office, industrial and commercial properties including various substantial shopping centres.
- Acting on the acquisition and subsequent operation of a national aircraft manufacturing company which exports throughout the world.
- Acting for a national cinema joint venture in respect of development and leasing issues.
- Acting on all legal aspects of various single and multi-stage developments of high-rise unit title apartment and commercial complexes in the Auckland CBD.
- Acting for overseas property investment companies in respect of numerous sales and purchases of high-rise office and retail properties, residential and commercial subdivision, and sale of land.
- Providing strategic and legal advice to a significant private landowner in all aspects of development and leasing.
- Acting for various New Zealand companies with regard to acquisition for the purposes of an international IPO.