Alex joined the Resource Management Litigation team at Ellis Gould in 2015 following the completion of her LLB/BSc.
Alex advises on resource management issues, with a particular focus on urban development. She has experience in plan and policy development, judicial review proceedings, consenting and environmental due diligence and assists in the provision of strategic advice on resource management processes and high profile projects nationwide. She has extensive experience in Council and Court hearings, and in alternative dispute resolution processes.
Examples of work:
- Representing and advising the Government’s delivery agency for housing and urban development on a range of consenting, planning policy and legislative policy matters throughout the country.
- Representing a range of public and private entities in Council hearings regarding resource consent applications, designations, plan changes and plan reviews.
- Appearing as junior counsel in proceedings before the Environment Court, High Court and Court of Appeal.
- Assisting Government departments to obtain designations for public works such as schools and residences, including through the direct referral process.
- Assisting with advice on planning matters to commercial entities such as supermarket operators and large retail companies.
- Assisting with the provision of legal advice and analysis to Government departments in relation to policy and plan development matters.
- Assisting a group in obtaining consent for a co-housing development in central Auckland.
- Representing an NGO in relation to an application for coastal and land use consents in the Bay of Islands.